There are so many authors out there that I want to try. Lately, I've been trying out a bunch of new authors, and there are more that I wish to try. Alyce @ At Home With Books is hosting a great challenge as a way to read those authors that have been time and again recommended to you but you are yet to try their good works!
1. The challenge starts January 1, 2010 and ends December 31, 2010.
2. Crossover from other challenges is allowed.
3. Titles and authors do not have to be predetermined, and can change at any time.
4. Books can come from any genre or reading level, the only requirement is that you have heard great things about the author, but haven't yet read any of their works.
There are three levels for this challenge. I am signing up at the Challenging level. Here are the authors I would like to try, subject to change anytime. :-)
Update (Oct 2, 2010): Halfway through the year, I realized that I was not as eager to read some of the authors on my initial list, so I took the liberty of adding different authors that I had been hearing about time and again.
1. Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
2. Sandra Brown, Rainwater
3. Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak
4. Lisa See, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
5. Alice Walker, The Color Purple
6. José Saramago, The Elephant's Journey
7. Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
8. Alan Brennert, Moloka'i
9. Dennis Lehane, Shutter Island
10. Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried
To sign up, visit this link.