Alright, it's official. This is the last challenge I am signing up for! I will be lucky if I can complete half the challenges. What was I thinking? But then, making all these reading lists is such a huge thrill. I am an obsessed list-maker, something I speak about here. Whew!
So, this challenge is hosted by Lisa at Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge. This follows from the TV show Gilmore Girls, in which there is, believe this, a huge number of books listed. The challenge will officially run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010. Crossover books from other challenges are allowed.
I am joining at the Lorelai level, to read 10 books from at least three different categories. So these are the books I plan to read:
Update (Jan 22, 2011): I managed just 4 in the end.
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Category: YA or Children's
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Category: Modern Classics
4. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
5. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
6. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
7. The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
8. Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
9. Terms of Endearment by Larry McMurtry
10. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
If you're interested as well, or wish to check out the books, go to the sign-up post