Original TBR Challenge (2010)
Monday, December 28, 2009
Here's another challenge that I am doing in a couple of book clubs so I plan to blog about it here as well. This challenge is hosted by MizB at MizB's Reading Challenges.
1. The challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
2. You should have a list posted somewhere for others to see
3. You CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!!
4. You can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
5. Audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
6. Re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
7. You CAN overlap with other challenges
I plan to just create one list and stick to it. Here's my list of 12.
Update (Jan 22, 2010): I read only 6 books out of the 12. At least that's 50% success.
1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
2. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
3. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
4. Night Runner by Max Turner
5. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
6. Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
7. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
8. Lipstick Jungle A Novel by Candace Bushnell
9. The Firm by John Grisham
10. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
11. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
12. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
To sign-up, go to Original TBR. In fact, if you wish for lesser-pressure, there's a challenge just for you at TBR Lite.