Whew, what a week! Busy at work, as usual. And then Friday night, I came down with a cold and mild temperature. I'm fighting both, the way I usually do - no meds, no rest, just sneeze, curse, and run/workout. I think it's somewhat working. But my thoughts are currently all over the place, and I don't feel like dwelling on any one topic for too long. So here's some randomness today.
- Don't careless drivers annoy you to death? Not literally, hopefully, but boy, this week, I came across two who probably shouldn't be driving. Two is a big number for a small town. One guy nearly rammed me into the sidewalk on Wednesday. He was trying to merge into my lane without checking if the lane was free. And I was rubbing my forehead while listening to what Harry Hole had to say about the latest gruesome murder in The Leopard. I had to brake and twist the wheels back and forth to make sure I didn't roll over the pavement. Suffice it to say that the guy was lucky to have just received a frustrated gesture from me. Another time, when I had stopped at a red light, the guy behind me kept honking on and on. The two guys in the car were dancing and laughing and having fun at the expense of the surrounding very annoyed drivers. Gah!
- Why can't authors call walking dead people zombies? Don't 99% of the population call them that anyways? Why then invent names like hungry, walker, biter, etc? I cringe at names like that, because it feels as if the author is trying to be too innovative, as if their characters never came across the word zombie. Or is zombie trademarked?
- Last week, I was doing some blog housekeeping. That in turn changed into reading some of my very old posts, written in my very first year of blogging. There sure were a lot of "blog award" memes in those days. Do you remember those?
- While doing the housekeeping, I also came across a ton of blogs I used to follow in those days that are not being updated anymore. Like, a lot. It was saddening really. Many of those blogs were a part of my blog-growing-up phase, and several of those taught me a thing or two about blogging and reading. I did see a few blogs that have evolved since into different styles, topics, and personalities, and that was welcome to see.
- It really is HARD to read when you are sick. I could never understand that when someone tells that. And I rarely get sick. But oh yeah, it IS hard and they are all right who say so. I did finish a book but only because I was in the last 10% and I wanted to know real bad how the book was going to end. If you are curious which book, it is The Girl with all the Gifts by M. R. Carey.
- American Airlines sucks. Big time. I had half a mind to send them an angry customer tweet but later decided that it was not worth spending negative energy on them. Two times in a row, my husband's flight got delayed. I was also checking their general tardiness for that day, and looks like they even canceled some flights. And the weather was not even to blame!
- Yesterday, the husband and I went to our very first American wedding. Yes, it is a big deal for me, and we've been in the US only 6 years. After seeing them only in movies, it definitely felt great to be able to attend one. The groom is one of my good friends from VT and later, colleague, and he was definitely shocked and thrilled to know that his is the first American wedding I was attending. He certainly had felt like doing the happy dance when he invited me months back and I felt like a celebrity.
- Today we are planning to hike our favorite peak - Sharp Top. It's one strenuous climb and you can bet that the entire household (us and our parents) are going to crash into our beds once we reach home. But the views are so worth the effort.
Enough randomness for today. How's your day going?