- We got back from India this past weekend and spent most of the evenings in a dreadfully sleepy state. The day after we reached home, we "napped" for six hours in the afternoon. With the baby. #facepalm The baby has been sleeping early every evening (at almost 4 PM), and she is usually up at 3 AM in the morning. I am now wired to also wake up without complaints (almost) at 3 AM, but boy, it will be great to be able to sleep a couple hours longer.
A happy babe at 3 AM in the morning
- On Monday, a nanny started watching Shreya at our home. Shreya had recently started being clingy so it showed very clearly this week. She had a huge crying fit through most of Monday and part of Tuesday. She started responding better on Wednesday but Thursday was much of the same deal. She is also fighting a cold which is making it harder for her to settle down. It was rough. I really want this nanny thing to work out. I am not ready for daycares yet.
- The library branch I go to has been closed for more than a month because they are moving to a new building. Before they closed however, they let us borrow as many books as we wanted for five weeks. I would have raved about that duration some more if I actually read all of the books I have checked out. Instead, I have read only one. (Oh well.) But I am most excited that the new location is very close to my home plus it is larger (so, more frequent trips). They open tomorrow, after months of waiting for the construction to be over. Soon, hopefully, I plan to start taking Shreya there for their story time sessions.
- The husband and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary this week. It was a quieter affair than usual. We had dinner from our favorite restaurant and dessert... at our dining table since the baby has taken to sleeping early in the evenings. It was actually a different kind of nice.
A mini carrot cake roll for celebration
- Instagram! Okay, I am really late jumping into this but I wanted to stay away from one more social network.. I already have a low profile in Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and who knows what else. But, I am loving Instagram a lot. I decided to jump in so that I have some motivation to take more photos (something I do very little of, even with a baby) and also to deliberately focus on something positive every day (not that I am a negative person but when stuff happens, I can feel very down). So, if you are on Instagram and I don't already follow you, let me know your handle. Mine is @readingonarainyday.