1. Coffee.The husband bought me a Nespresso for Mother's Day and I couldn't be happier with my morning coffee. I've been eyeing this machine ever since I returned from San Francisco because its coffee is exactly how I like my coffee - thick and creamy with a wonderful aromatic flavor. We had tried the Keurig in the past and I hated it. It was barely strong or tasty. This coffee, however, is perfect.
2. Friends who are almost family.A close friend and her daughter have been staying with us this week. They are new to the country and are still working on getting settled. Most of our evenings are filled with movies and there may have been too much icecream and brownie snacking this past week. We've been trying to do something fun even if the weather has been dreary this past week. So most of the outdoors fun has been in the form of shopping.
3. Cape Cod.This trip is technically not until the Memorial Day weekend, but I cannot wait to head up there. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates but we have a beautiful cabin booked so I'm sure it will be just as fun indoors. After all, I'm a very indoors person but let's not tell anyone that yet, alright?
4. A (very) mobile Shreya.I love (and maybe sometimes not so much) how independent Shreya wants to be. This girl likes to go exploring the world without really wanting anyone to show her how to. As long as she knows someone is in the vicinity. This is a boon, of course, when there are tons of chores lined up for me. This is not so good however, when I want to strap her into her high chair at meal time. Lately, she has been standing by herself. The first few times she stood, she was screeching with delight and waving her hands. Now, she even claps her hands and says "Cla.. Cla.." Honestly, I think her first real word is going to be "Clap". (Despite all my attempts to get her to say mamma or dadda.)
5. Homemade granola.I'd been planning to make my own granola for a while and two weeks ago, I made this. And was it delicious! I love how customizable this recipe is. I've made it thrice so far and have tried adding cacao powder, instant coffee powder, and coconut flakes. It's been quite the hit with the husband, who is not an oats or cereal fan.
What's happening with you this week?