1. Birthday weekendToday I have officially aged one more year. This past year was probably my fastest yet - there is some truth in that adage about time flying when you have a kid or more. I've always looked forward to my birthday. I love having this special day, even if I have no grand plans for it. This year, my birthday is extra quiet because we are all planning for the most important birthday of the year - 17 more days and we will have a one-year old in our hands. I have so many mixed feelings about this but chief among them is a wish to pause time or make it go very slow. Don't we all wish for that?
2. The babeOn Wednesday, the babe finally started walking by herself. She had been walking with support for months now that we wondered if she was just too comfortable that way to try walking on her own. But finally, she took those few solo steps and in the process, discovered another activity to love. This is exciting for us too, obviously, but it also means that someone has to always be within a few feet of her. Now we just need to see some pearly whites (but we are in NO hurry for this, gummy smiles are way too adorable) and to hear her call us mamma/dadda (or at least know what those words mean).
3. The Audible questionThanks to everyone who gave me suggestions last week on what to do with my Audible credits and membership. After debating back and forth, I decided to just use up all my Audible credits (9!!) and cancel my membership for now. I have enough audiobooks to keep me occupied for a year or more and I didn't want to keep accumulating credits or feeling tempted to buy more audiobooks without finishing the ones I already had. I have given up on taming my physical bookshelf - it's a gone case. But my audiobook library isn't that out of control yet, though it's well on its way there.
4. Some Library BooksLast week, I made a trip to the library after months of staying away from the place. (I was checking out books and returning them mostly unread.) This time, I spent some time browsing around the place and picked two books - Notorious RBG and Born on a Tuesday. Of course, it is highly likely that these two books will still go back unread but a girl can dream, right? I'd love to read both these books - one of them has a cult following while the other has the advantage of being relatively unheard of on the internet (at least in the part of the internet that I tend to hang out in).
5. This past weekUgh, the only silver lining this week was the prospect of the upcoming long weekend. The husband was traveling for work and I had a dizzy spell one night. Work was also busy and frustrating, so all told, I was glad when Friday rolled around. Reading still happened thankfully, although only for a few minutes at night. I haven't yet started a new audiobook so my drives haven't been very stimulating either. Here's hoping this coming week is better. If not, at least, it's a short one.
Those in the US, Happy July the 4th to you all. Hope you have a wonderful day with family! We won't be going anywhere to see fireworks though we may be able to see something from our backyard.