1. Friends and FamilyWe've been having a lot of people over lately. Last week, my sister-in-law's family stayed with us for a bit. They had flown in to attend a wedding, which was a few weeks ago. Now they are exploring the place and more before they return back to India in less than a month. Next weekend, several of the husband's friends from school and their families are visiting us. It's promising to be an interesting reunion. Needless to say, with all the friends and family over, it has been a very busy month so far!
2. LibraryOn Friday, I stopped by the library and picked a cartload of books. All print, gasp! I am trying to squeeze more print books into my reading life, at least quick or short books. Ebook reading is what I am quicker with nowadays but it's just not the same as holding a print book, breathing the pages in, and actually seeing some differences between pages. Anyways, the pile is below. I'm already halfway through Gabi (why isn't anyone talking about this incredible book?) and hope to start Asking For It next!
3. Star Trek VoyagerI am slowly working my way through this incredible series! Seriously, why does no one talk about this show much? It's way better than the Enterprise series. The cast is so much more diverse, the women are not puppets for the men, and there are barely any redshirts. Win, Win, Win!
4. The babeThe babe is growing. Fast. Very fast. She now has opinions even if she can't say them yet. She'll swat your hand away (like you would a fly) if you don't interpret her actions correctly. We also found out the hard way that she likes to slip our poker chips through the slats of our ac vents. Yup. And oh yeah, she loves to camp in the refrigerator as soon as the door is open.
5. Apple PickingThe arrival of Fall means, among other things like pumpkins and spooky reads, apple picking season! We went last weekend to pick some late summer peaches and a lot of apples. So now we are trying to make anything and everything with apples. We've already made apple crumble and pancake bars, and I am now looking for more recipes.
What's your favorite thing to make with apples (other than applesauce)?