By the end of April, I didn't want to read at all. I felt tired of all the reading I did in April, and paid for it in May. Not that I'm complaining for the time-off, because that break truly helped me think about my reading and how I wanted to explore books for the rest of the year. By the middle of May, I read what I wanted to - which was mostly non-ARCs. So I do have a pile of that to tackle now. On the plus side, I've never been more eager to read than I am now. I've been randomly choosing among the books in my pile for the month, sometimes returning to a book only after a few days. Serendipity is really good.
Books of the month
- In Zanesville by Jo Ann Beard
- The Coffins of Little Hope by Timothy Schaffert
- The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett, Amanda Pressner
- Some quick reviews: Coraline, Kira-Kira, Wherever Nina Lies
- The London Train by Tessa Hadley
Traveling with my books this year
Only one new addition this month - Denmark. I had already been to Vietnam and Poland through books I read previously. But this time, the perspective was slightly different and that made for some fun reading.
View Traveling with my books (2011) in a larger map