Have you guys also noticed an odd leaf yellowing and falling down? Because, the other day, I was greeted with a bunch of them just fluttering about. It's certainly too early for Fall, but heck am I ready for it! The heat's insanely intense I'm surprised that I haven't vaporized yet. I spent a good amount of July on the road and on a flight I'd rather not talk about. So it's surprising I got any reading done. Quite a few of my reads are Newbery medal winners and graphic novels, so that kind of explains it. On the plus side, I can finally say that I've found my ideal summer read - a graphic novel.
Books of the month
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer
- Hello Goodbye by Emily Chenoweth
- Lucille by Ludovic Debeurme
- The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives by Lola Shoneyin
- Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens
- Fleeting thoughts - Number the Stars / Bud, Not Buddy / The Lonely Hearts Club
- Thank you, J.K. Rowling for...
- The Beauty of graphic books (or completing one challenge)
- Two big book-blogging events - Indie Lit Awards and Book Blogger Appreciation Week
Traveling with my books this year
I'm thrilled to have hit Africa last month. That was a long time coming.