Throwing my hat into the ring (or, rather, joining Bout of Books readathon)
Monday, May 12, 2014
After much consideration, browsing (and snooping) through other bloggers' posts, and loving the idea of this event, I've decided to take part in the Bout of Books readathon. I've seen this event mentioned many times in the blogosphere, but have never been a part of it before. Now is probably a good time to do it. My reading has considerably slowed down, my trysts around the online book world has reduced, and I find myself often wondering what happened to my dedicated reading hours. It took finishing an amazing book in four hours to make me want to do this. Bout of Books starts today and runs all the way to the 18th. It will be great to be able to just read and rediscover all the thrills it brings with it.
So here are my goals for the week:
1. Find at least two hours every day when I can just read. I need to get away from online and TV distractions as much as I can. I also need to not read unless I will get a good amount of undistracted time with the book. My enjoyment of the book tends to suffer when I am reading a sentence here or there and doing something else.
2. Finish at least two books. Try to aim for a third as well.
3. Keep my reading as diverse as possible. I need to stick to the goals of my Armchair Reading Project.
As far as books go, I am mostly going to read what I am in mood for but I do have four books I am hoping to get to.
1. Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine
2. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
3. The People of Forever are not Afraid by Shani Boianjiu
4. We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo