Anyone excited about Fall? I keep peeping out my window every day hoping to see colors changing drastically. So far, it's just the odd leaf here and there, and a vast, vivid-green mass of trees standing haughtily about to greet me. I am however done with the heat. There is a reason I stay in Virginia, and that is because I hate the heat and can just handle a couple of months of it. Fall also hopefully means more time indoors and hence more reading. My August reading sucked, but I'm not surprised - I had too much going on, and I'm hoping to unplug this month.
Books of the month
On second thoughts, I did have a decent month. One of those lovely surprises.
- Gingerbread Girl by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- In the Sea There are Crocodiles by Fabio Geda
- Yo! by Julia Alvarez
- Abandoning a Book
- Where's that Elusive Reading Mojo?
- Geeking out over a Sci-Fi list
- New Reading Project - Blogger Recommends
Traveling with my books this year
Dominican Republic (Yo!) was a new hit last month. Plus, thanks to In the Sea There are Crocodiles, Afghanistan.
View Traveling with my books (2011) in a larger map