I had a great November in reading. Not so much in blogging. It appears as if whatever time I didn't or couldn't spend on blogging ended up being used as reading time. I hadn't read more than 8 books in a month since April - I'm not sure how I managed 9 books in November, since it was crazy busy, but the two long train trips probably helped there. Better still, I found it really hard to decide which the best books of the month were. I kept going back and forth between 5 of them! The bad news (for me) is that I am many reviews down in the pit!
Books of the months
Notable Mentions(As if I'm giving away Oscar awards!)
- Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch
- The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks (My September Blogger Recommend, which I loved)
- Green River Killer by Jonathan Case and Jeff Jensen
- Repeat it Today with Tears by Anne Peile
- The Secret of Lies by Barbara Forte Abate
- Blogger Recommends - October Finds
- 'Tis the Season of Challenges
- About my vacation in 10 days
- My Thanksgiving week
- 2011 books I wish I had read
Traveling with my books this year
So far this year, 30 of the locations in the books I read have been in the US, while 33 have been non-US. Not exactly the ratio I was hoping for, but I'm not disappointed. Next year though, I'm hoping to include more literature from non-US countries, but that will also require that I accept even less ARCs, since most of the ARCs I receive are set in the US.
View Traveling with my books (2011) in a larger map